For more than 30 years Steam Railway has been at the forefront of the railway preservation movement, reporting all the latest news as and when it occurs. Whether it's happening on the main line or on preserved railways, this news, written by some of the most respected journalists in the industry, is backed up by stunning photography from equally well-respected lensmen. In addition, each issue contains a wide variety of informative and probing features that get to the heart of the present day steam scene, together with historical and archive material that makes Steam Railway a magazine you'll want to keep and refer back to again and again. Inside you'll also find our one-stop guide to forthcoming steam events, galas and main line railtours, along with reviews of the latest railway books and visual media. If you're interested in steam on the railways, you only need Steam Railway.
Gary Boyd-Hope, Editor
Subscribe to Steam Railway magazine, every issue delivered to your door, for the best offers and discounts. A Steam Railway magazine subscription will also make the ideal gift or present, so click here to subscribe today!
ON SALE NOW Steam Railway issue 422 December 6 2013 - January 2 2014
- Tangmere throws a connecting rod on South Western main line
- 100mph run with German ‘Pacific’ in 2014
- ‘Black Five’ No. 44806 for North Yorkshire Moors Railway
- Was Mallard’s 126mph record beaten by other ‘A4s’ in traffic?
- Gloucestershire Warwickshire’s Broadway appeal reaches £¼m
- Furness Railway ‘Coppernob’ to be displayed in Germany
- New ‘Patriot’ appears at National Arboretum and Warley – full report
- North Norfolk to run steam to Cromer by 2015
- Green Arrow to be the star exhibit of Great Central NRM outstation
- ‘S15’ No. 847 returns to service at Bluebell
- ‘T9’ to visit Swanage next spring
- Could ‘Black Five’ No. 45110 steam for the 50th anniversary of ‘1T57’?
- Flying Scotsman gets final go-ahead as no more frame cracks are found
- Churchward and Maunsell ‘Moguls’ for West Somerset March gala
- Didcot details its plans for new ‘County’ 4-4-0
- The Great Central Railway’s plans for an exciting future
- Memories from ‘A4’ drivers and firemen…did one reach 140mph?
- The locomotives of Sir Henry Fowler
- Driving experience at the Perrygrove and Bala Lake Railways
And much much more
- In Tony Streeter’s ‘Down Main’: ‘Railmotor’ to run on the Brentford branch, and plans for main line running with ‘Standard 4’ No. 76084
- More confessions of steam-era locospotting high-jinks in David Wilcock’s ‘Running Free’
- Mike Notley times Galatea over Shap in ‘Top Link’
- Plus the best photography from the top lineside lensmen.